The outbreak of the coronavirus 2019 disease has caused a lot of stress and anxiety for people. Though temporary, fear and anxiety can be overwhelming and detrimental to a person’s mental health. With our tips and suggestions, coping with the pandemic will make you, your loved ones, and your community safer and stronger!
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. Responding to these situations with a positive attitude will help with your mental health as well as your community. Read on further for recommendations on how to keep your mental health up, and ways to take care of yourself during the coronavirus.
Ways to Cope with Coronavirus
Take Social Media Breaks
- With the mass amount of coverage surrounding the coronavirus, it’s a good idea to avoid watching, reading, and listening to news stories about the health crisis. Hearing and seeing it repeatedly can take a toll on your mental health so taking a break from the news and other social media outlets is a great help.
Your Health & Body is Important
As a lot of people are stocking up on groceries and others shifting to remote learning, your priority should be self-care and caring for your health. There are a numerous amount of things you can do that is helpful to keep you both physically and mentally healthy:
- Meditate and take deep breaths
Find Something to Keep You Company
- With a lot of the workforce shifting to remote work at home due to COVID-19, there is more time than ever to do things. By saving commute time and traffic time, individuals have more time in the day to complete tasks. Find a hobby, complete a course online, or do one thing you’ve been wanting to do for a while but never had the time. By keeping ourselves and our family busy, we’re doing things we love than focusing on the negatives.
Physically Distance for COVID-19, not Socially
- To flatten the curve and reduce the spread of COVID-19, individuals are advised to distance themselves. However, that doesn’t mean we should avoid everyone all together. Use this time to connect with others and rebuild relationships. Talk to people you trust your feelings too, and check in on others who are feeling the same way. Relating to someone with the same feelings as you are a good coping mechanism. Additionally, there are many sites you can use to video chat with loved ones everywhere.
- BUT, internet connection can be expensive sometimes so a good phone with a great inexpensive phone plan is another great option. Did you know that Allvoi has some of thebest-rated unlimited wireless phone plans? With unlimited data, talk & text for only $30, as well as free international calling, don’t worry about large expenses with us. Check outour plans and save with one of them today!
We hope that these tips and suggestions help you stay safe and healthy during COVID-19. By doing your part to stay safe, you’re helping yourself stay healthy and the community as a whole.
Remember that we are also here for you for any concerns you may have. Contact us if you have any other questions/concerns and share this with your friends and loved ones and let’s get through this!